SEO Tips from Matt Cutts
July 26th, 2017 | SEO–
Matt Cutts spoke at a conference WordCamp 2017. These are some of the points he raised.
- Don’t Put Your Blog at the Root. Instead put it at /blog. The argument is you can do more things with the URL, you will also get links to both root and /blog. – Well it’s too late now. I don’t think it’s a problem, as I can always add a new section at: /newsection/
- Use Hypens in URLs. /seo-tips-matt-cutts/ – /seo_tips_matt_cutts is second best. /seotipsmattcutts is worst
- Use Alt tags in Images, videos and other media. – A sign google will reward use of images, the old maxim “S.E. can only read content” may change, after all viewers value images.
- Include Keywords naturally in posts – Nothing new here, common sense.
- Don’t mix (www. and non www) recently I forced all urls to http://www.netwriting.co.uk – Don’t split your links, google may view it as separate sites
- Don’t include date in URL. WordPress is good for being able to change this. Still some blogs may benefit from using date.
- Moving Hosts When Moving between hosts use 301 permanent redirect and wait until googlebots have found new host, before taking down old one.
- Check your blog on a mobile phone – not so sure this is important
- Use FeedBurnerâs MyBrand feature to take control of your feeds (i.e., feed.domain.com instead of http://feeds.feedburner.com/domain).
- Use section targeting for adsense
Daily Blog Tips – 15 Tips from Matt Cutts
Links for featuring in Blog Carnival
- Blog Carnivals Making Money Online at Elizabeth Rose.info